Monday, April 7, 2014

Mini (sort of) Bio about My family and myself :) 1st Blog! :)

Well, hello! Welcome to my Blogger page, all about my life and my ramblings! My name is Amanda. I was born on April 23,1985 in Washington Pennsylvania. I did however grow up in a small town outside of Washington called Canonsburg….The home of Perry Como and Sarris Candies!!! Anyways, I’m the daughter of 2 amazing parents. My dad Frank and my mom, Joyce. My brother, Travis is 3 years younger than me.  I was raised on a farm, with cows, pigs, goats, dogs, and my baby sheep Jake. We were a really tight knit family, we had our ups and downs, but we were always there for each other. My elementary and high school days were normal, had a few best friends, I wasn’t one of the popular kids, but I got along with everyone. I graduated high school in 2003, and had plans of being a computer networking major, I had applied to a few schools, in hopes of doing well for myself. I unfortunately had a serious case of pneumonia and had to drop out in 2005 due to being hospitalized. I worked several jobs, and then in 2008 I met someone, fell in love and got married in 2009. Well, that went to shit. He cheated, and I moved out, and filed for divorce in 2010. I moved back in with my parents, and found a job for a while. I ended up getting a viral infection in both of my eyes and had to be let go because of it. (I’m prone to getting sick!) I then found my calling with animals yet again in 2011. I was a receptionist for about a year and then started helping assist the vet techs and the vet in the operating room, and doing computer work as well. In may of 2012, my dad yelled up the stairs and I knew something was wrong. My mom was sitting, staring at us, not saying a word. I looked at her and I really started to panic. I told my dad to call 911, telling him that she’s having a stroke. They life flighted my mom to a hospital in Pittsburgh and had to do a hand full or surgeries. I took off work for a few weeks to take care of my dad and my brother and to make sure everything was going to be ok with my mom. She was in a coma for a week or so, but she knew we were there with her. She would grab our hands, and we would talk to her just to let her know that we were with her. My mom was also in a few other hospitals/care facilities and they weren’t close to home. Until we found a care facility in Canonsburg that would take the best care of her! 6 months later, I met someone. He and his daughter took my breath away, they understood what my family and I were going through. His name is Shawn. He and his daughter would go with me to visit from time to time and I would stay with him on occasion but go back home to take care of my dad and brother. In December 2012, mom was life flighted back to Pittsburgh. We then found out on Christmas Day of 2012 that mom had Ovarian Cancer. We stood by each other and helped her get through her chemo, dr. appointments, ect. On February 6, 2013, We celebrated mom’s 50th Birthday in the care facility she was in. We tried to make it special for her. A few days later, mom was rushed back to the hospital in Pittsburgh. Her cancer had spread, and there was nothing the doctors could do to help her. On February 13, 2013 It was early in the afternoon, I sat with mom, held her hand and told her that everything was going to be ok. I promised her I would take care of my dad and brother and do the best that I could to be as awesome as her I kissed her on the forehead, and told her I would see her tomorrow. That night, I was at Shawn’s house, (in which I had moved in about 2 months prior  to that) sitting and talking to him and a few of his friends (I think). I got a phone call from my dad. I sat there, holding Shawn’s hand and as soon as I got the worst news of my life, I bawled like a baby, My best friend, the greatest listener, mentor, a woman who would do anything for anyone, at the age of 50, my mom, had passed away peacefully to be with the angels, our loved ones who we had lost over the years. I didn’t even get to say goodbye to her. Now, mind you, My dad is 51, and held his head up high and I had to be strong for him. We had already done the planning at the beginning of the week, because we didn’t know how much time we had left. So we called them, and told them what dates we wanted and I helped dad pick out the most beautiful casket for mom to be placed in. I had to go through her clothes and pick out something that she would have wanted to be buried in. It was her favorite top in her favorite color (Purple) a pair of her favorite betty boop pj pants (which they told us something comfortable since nobody would see them) and her favorite pair of slippers she always wore around the house. with her betty boop socks. I also picked out some of her favorite jewelry for her to wear. I had stopped working the morning after and told them I would be back after the funeral. 3 exhausting days of seeing people I have known for years and some I have never met, The first night, I went in and saw her with my dad, my brother and Shawn, we cried, and thought they did a beautiful job with her hair (it was starting to fall out from the chemo) and her makeup. She looked so peaceful and beautiful, just like she always was. I made up a picture slideshow and put it on a digital picture frame for everyone to see our journeys growing up as a family and her journeys as a kid until 2012. The day of her funeral, was a cold Monday morning. I had made a CD of songs that my dad and brother had requested to be played at the service. They were all beautiful songs and pertained to family/loved ones lost/ ect. My dad’s sisters passed out teal ribbons (for ovarian cancer) and put them on each of us. I sat and held my dad’s hand as Shawn’s daughter sat on his lap and hugged him. Shawn held my hand ever so tightly. And as we had to say our last goodbyes, I didn’t want to leave. I took a few minutes, kissed her hand and her fore head, and told her I would see her tomorrow. I would go out every other day to visit, sit and talk to my mom taking a flower (or 2) and placing them on her grave. A few days after moms’ funeral, I went back to work.  In march, Shawn asked me to marry him, and to be a family with him and his daughter. I said yes. In May I had quit my job, and stayed home full time to take care of shawn’s daughter because daycare costs are so outrageous. On June 12. 2013, we became husband and wife. In August, we had a party for family and friends at a county park, it was a good time with family and friends. and now, here we are in April of 2014 happy as can be, It's been a year and 2 months since mom's been gone.  Yes, it’s been hard, but I try to keep my mind off things, I hear songs we used to sing, go through pictures, but I know, she’s looking down on me and smiling, Because I’m doing what I had promised her. I help my dad with what he needs. Grocery shopping, bills, organizing, ect. I talk to my brother a few times a week, since he’s engaged to be married now, he doesn’t like his Big sister bugging him lol. But we have all stuck together and got through everything. We are a family and that’s how families should be! <3 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment