Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey......and some embarrassing photos (Maybe) ;)

This post is dedicated to all of the girls out there that think and say they "Can't do it". I was one of those girls, and now, I'm sharing my story with you. It all started in May of 2012 when my mom was life flighted to a Pittsburgh, PA hospital. (If you read my very first blog, you know my family story already). I decided to go to the doctor and have some things checked, just to make sure I was ok. Turns out, I was almost 200 lbs over weight (I was at 332 lbs) and had been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. My dr. gave me some medicine, that she said would make me feel better and I would eat less.  

                                                                  Me in 2011

 A few months went by and I didn't think I could do anything about my weight. My monthly cycle was out of balance, ( I was bleeding profusely for 3-4 months straight at one point). and I was so hard on myself about my body image and all I could hear was my mom in the back of my mind, cheering me on. So I finally started walking, eating way way way less that what I normally ate and started fun exercises on the Wii. I went back to the dr. about 4 months later (before Thanksgiving) And she had told me I had lost 132 lbs in total! I was in shock! I had went from a size 28 pants / 3xl shirts to a 18 pant/ xl shirt!!! I did all of this not only for myself, my health and my future, but for my mom. I always told her I could never accomplish anything in my life because nobody cared what I did or what I said. But, my mom was one of the Positive role models in my life that always told me I could do anything if I stuck to one thing at a time. (Which I'm still doing now)! I'm still at 132 lbs lost, and only have 40 lbs to go....my dr wants me down to 140 but I don't think I'll look right and I would feel more comfortable at 180-160 just for the simple fact that I want to go at my own pace and if I lose more weight after the 40 lbs, that would be fine too. My main goal is to lose all this excess skin by exercising, and possibly try for a baby. We've been "trying" for almost a year now, but I know when the time is right, it will happen. :)


                                                              Me in April of 2013


 To all those men and women out there that think they can't do what I have done; YOU CAN! I believe in each and every one of you! Put your heart and soul into doing what you can do, but don't overwork yourself and don't starve yourself either! It just makes for complications in the end.


                                               This was Feb 2014, during our kitchen remodel

If you have any suggestions on what you would like me to talk about in my next blog, leave me a comment or message me on Google+. Hope you enjoyed hearing about some of my journey, I didn't want to get into every trip to the er, dr, ect.....but just wanted to give some insight on how far I have come and how proud I am of myself. :) :) :)

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment